Tuesday

Devin Brown- mIstaken Identity

 Devin Brown 471237 ,now at osci
                                                          Devin Brown today 37yo


"A Changed Perspective"
 I don't like dogs!They're loud, Stank,and sh** any and everywhere. That was until I met three dogs and the internationally known Sister Pauline, If you are a dog lover and don't know who she is you need to step your game up! Kickin' it those days with them dogs gave me a  new profound understanding and appreciation of why people love dogs so much
Growing up my experiences with dogs was not the fun loving, wagging tails and sleep in bed type. It was clipped tails,growling ,loud barking and heavy chains. These dogs you wouldn't dare approach-you'd run! I saw bunches of dog fights that was normalized within my community and if your dog couldn't fight, well you didn't see them no more ala the Michael Vick tragedy. Although I didn't see how they were "put down" I believe the stories.
      My initial reason for not liking dogs was an older "friend" would play around,sicking his chow, the ones with the purple tongues, on me and he got away clawing through my pants when I was 9 leaving a gash in my leg. Then my oldest brother. Jesse, brought to mom's house two pimpish puppy pit bulls when I was 10 leaving me to care for them. That was rough. I could barely care for myself. However I kept them in the basement and they could make their way up the stairs scaring my nieces.I hated cleaning up after them, they would bark and puke all day so I couldn't play how I wanted to anymore.  However, when I started walking and taking them with me, they would listen to me for the most part. I felt a special connection with the smaller pup and that's when I fell in love. Then a few months later the bigger one got sick, luckily he survived.Next my favorite one got sick and I'm watching him breathe heavily and throwing up. The next day when I came home form school he was laying motionless and I was devastated. I was shaking and mad then., I hid in the attic and cried.I did not want nothing to do with that other dog so we gave him up.
     Now 20 years later Ms Laufenberg the MU teacher at GBCI (where I tutor students with very low reading and math skills who are emotionally fragile, quick tempered and too giving to be in general population cause they will be taken advantage of) asked if I would like to see the dogs. I said yes but it felt like my body and mind said no~ I knew it wasn't going to be pit bulls or rottweilers. When when they came strolling up cute as can be and obedient to Sister Pauline, it was the total opposite to what I am used to. When sister Pauline moved so did they like that unity I thought I had amongst My guys growing up. At first I'm just chillin' it playing it all cool and nonchalant like.I did not want to get in there to play with them I finally worked the courage to call one over -he ran and jumped onto my lap and immediately went to licking me. Then he settled right on to my lap (you see us in the picture) That's when euphoria settled within me. Because it's been over 12 years since I've held a dog, Damn! The encouraging and optimistic feeling I had in that moment reiterated the little things I've taken for granted being incarcerated. That's something I'll never do again! 
Stay focused , Devin Brown
Devin Lee Brown #471237 GBCI; PO Box 19033 Green Bay, WI 54307-9033 Title “Mistaken Identity” Devin Brown gets 35 years to life for mistaken identity. Could you or someone you love be the next victim of Mistaken identity? Eye witness says to police that “someone “ just walked past and started shooting and she didn’t recognize him, but after being told by someone else Brown could be involved she thinks she knows Brown from going to his house. However , when picking him out of a photo array says only time she ever saw him was on night of the shooting. Then at trial she points to different person and says she knows me from a party. I was illegally arrested on August 03 and lost trial Oct 04. I felt compelled to sign a statement after I was confronted by a signed statement by my big brother implicating me as the one that killed someone. After I denied it several times through several intense interrogations and being denied a lawyer, it overwhelmed me and became too much for me to bear for someone never in a situation like that ever before. My brother’s statement wasn’ t used at my trial , however , they used my statement and a faulty eye witness who gave several different contradictory statements and pointed to someone else during my trial in a photo lineup. In July of 04 an-out -of -court statement from a former friend of mine said I told him I shot the victim (so he could get released only later to catch another case in involving a toddler being killed) however at trial he plead the 5th and refused to take an oath to verify his statements but was compelled to testify, but I still couldn’t questions him because every question was “I don’t know,” “I don’t recall” or “I don’t remember”. A jury used no physical evidence to convict me. Now I am in the court of appeals again because the courts keep giving me the run around hitting me with technical errors because I am pro se. My appeal process is similar to the Emmanuel Page VS Matthew Frank case 43 F:3c 901 WI 2003, where they are not ruling on my issues. The circuit court sends me to the appeals court saying it’s their issues, then the appeals courts says it’s the state, then the state sends me back. The whole time the appeals court didn’t rule on my claims. This is where my problem is. I believe I have grounds for a successful appeal for those reasons also, my trial court judge is on record saying he sees a discrepancy with the detective’s version of events on how they entered my mother’s house. This was one of the most important motions I had but they chose to side with the police against my witness (my mother/ Niece) on a reason that doesn’t have anything to do with how the police gained entry into the house without an arrest warrant after ample time . I’m the victim of mistaken identity and over bearing police , misconduct, taking advantage of people who haven’t been I this type of situation and the judges are holding me to a higher standard than the people who take an oath to serve and protect. If you could help me in any way, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, please direct me to someone who can.

No comments:

Post a Comment